A perfect Syrah from Reenen Borman

Boschkloof Epilogue 2019

A perfect Syrah

'The only thing wrong with this wine is that… there is very little of it.'Tim Atkin MW

This benchmark Syrah from Reenen Borman is one of the most important releases of the year. The Boschkloof Epilogue is now firmly established as the finest expression of Syrah in Stellenbosch. With an average of 98 points from Tim Atkin MW and 95 points from Christian Eedes over the last 5 vintages, the Epilogue has already reached the pinnacle of South African fine wine.

Boschkloof Epilogue Syrah 2019 – Order now

SOLD OUT

 

This rare, single-vineyard offering from star winemaker, Reenen Borman, has rightly been called a 'ground-breaking, paradigm-shifting Syrah' by Greg Sherwood MW and the 2019 Epilogue is stunning. It follows on from the previous releases with inviting florals, coriander spice and a core of olive tapenade. Expressive fruit purity leads to a distinctly fresh palate, laced with those trademark granitic tannins – a perfect Syrah! As Tim Atkin says, 'what more do you want from a Syrah?'

The Epilogue vineyard was planted by Jacques Borman in 1996, after his trailblazing success with Syrah at La Motte in the late '80s and early '90s. Early vintages, especially the CWG version, were impressive but Reenen has brought this vineyard (planted with the rare SH99 clone) to another level. The 2019 was 50% whole-bunch fermented, with 25% raised in new 400L oak barrels and the remaining 75% in concrete egg. The 2019 release confirms that the Epilogue is one of our country’s finest wines.

Please note, this wine is very limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.


All Boschkloof wines