Jacquesson, Cuvée 743 750ml NVFrance, Champagne
'Aged in wood, this is the latest iteration of the producer's nonvintage cuvée based on the 2015 vintage It is impressive in its white-fruit richness that is perfectly balanced by intense acidity. Bottle aging has added to the Champagne's complexity. This is a fine wine that is ready to drink.' – Roger Voss, Wine Enthusiast, 94/100
'The NV Extra-Brut Cuvée No. 743 (2015 base) is soft, open-knit and caressing. The natural radiance of 2015 comes through in the wine's ample, creamy feel. Apricot, spice, dried flowers, hazelnut and lightly honeyed notes are all beautifully laced together. The 743 is already a touch forward, in a good way, which makes it a terrific choice for drinking now and over the next handful of years. The blend is 60% Pinot Noir (from Aÿ, Dizy and Hautvillers) and 40% Chardonnay (from Avize and Oiry). Disgorged: August 2019 and bottled with no dosage. Drink 2020 - 2030.' – Antonio Galloni, Vinous, 92/100
'This offers an elegant and toasty bouquet with pear, dried flowers and white fruit aromas. On the palate, this is a pure and clean Champagne with some delicacy and floral aspects. This cuvée is even more elegant with a bit of air. Grapes are sourced from Aÿ and Dizy (60% of the crop) and Avize and Oiry (the remaining 40%). No dosage. The base wine is from the 2015 vintage. Drinking Window 2020 - 2030.' – Yohan Castaing, Decanter, 92/100
'Based on the 2015 vintage and disgorged in August 2019 without dosage, the Chiquet brothers' NV Extra-Brut Cuvée No. 743 is showing nicely, offering up inviting aromas of freshly baked bread, crisp yellow orchard fruit, beeswax and dried white flowers. Medium to full-bodied, pillowy and precise, it's elegantly fleshy, with an enveloping core of fruit, a pinpoint mousse and a nicely defined, saline finish. Drink 2020 - 2035.' – William Kelley, Wine Advocate, 91/100
'Jacquesson Cuvée 743 is based on the 2015 vintage with about 30% of reserve wine. It is a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot noir and Meunier from the villages of Ay, Dizy and Hautvillers (60%) and Avize and Oiry (40%) and is zero dosage. 2015 is a rare vintage that appears to be high in quality for both Pinot noir and Chardonnay and is shaping up to be an outstanding vintage in terms of both quality and consistency. Most houses are expected to declare a vintage with many likely to produce their têtes de cuvées.' – Jolette Steyn (Sep 2020)
About Champagne Jacquesson:
Jacquesson has fast become the leading modern Champagne House even though its history stretches back to the 18th century. Under the leadership of brothers Laurent and Jean-Hervé Chiquet who took over from their father in the 1980's, the revolutionary herbicide-free, terroir-based philosophy has changed the face of Champagne. Jacquesson’s production has halved over the last 3 decades, retaining only their finest vineyards and focusing on lower yields in an Extra-Brut Style. The house is not technically a grower Champagne as they lease 2 ha, but their demand always exceeds supply.
|Drink to||Drink or cellar|
Wine Cellar ships throughout South Africa. See our shipping guidelines below.
Available on all orders over R1,500, excluding event tickets. The expected delivery times are the same as 'Standard door-to-door' below.
Shipping fees are calculated on the delivery ‘street code’ provided during checkout.
- Cape Town & surrounds: 1 – 2 working days
- Joburg, Pretoria, PE & Bloemfontein: 3 – 4 working days
- Durban & regional areas: 4 – 5 working days
COLLECTION (Cape Town only):
Orders are available for free collection at our Cape Town office only. You will be notified as soon as your order is ready for collection.
Wine Cellar offers professional wine storage at our premises in Cape Town. If you are not an existing cellaring client, please view our rates and set up an account by visiting our cellaring page.
For this special overnight road service, orders must be placed before 13h00 SAST. The order will be delivered by the close of business the following working day.
We use a third party courier for international shipping. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the rates and delivery options.
More wines from this producer
AG: Antonio Galloni of Vinous.com | AM: Allen Meadows of Burghound.com | CE: Christian Eedes of Winemag.co.za | DEC: Decanter | GS: Greg Sherwood MW | JS: James Suckling | JR: JancisRobinson.com | JD: Jeb Dunnuck | NM: Neal Martin of Vinous.com OM: Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show | PG: Platter's Guide | ST: Stephen Tanzer of Vinous.com | TA: Tim Atkin MW | VIN: Vinous.com | WA: Wine Advocate | WE: Wine Enthusiast | WM: Winemag.co.za Report | WS: Wine Spectator