Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke, Dry Red 2020 Bottle size: 750ml

South Africa, Swartland
In stock
Only 8 left
SKU
Rossouw,GouwsClarke_DryRed_750ml_2020
R160

Critic Score

90
CE

Free nationwide delivery for orders over R1,500

Safe and secure online shopping with 8 ways to pay

Need buying advice? Speak to one of our experts. Call +27 21 448 4105

Orders will be shipped from our cellar within 1 – 2 business days.

Tasting notes:
'Grown by Scholtz Rossouw of Langkloof Farm on the Paardeberg (grapes from 1968 bush vines farmed organically) and made by Jurgen Gouws of Intellego. 80% of the fruit fermented whole bunch under semi-carbonic conditions and the other 20% pressed earlier and fermented as a rosé to add extra juiciness. Very attractive aromatics with notes of cherry, pomegranate and some floral perfume. The palate is light, clean and zippy with very fine tannins – has both a clarity and delicacy about it.' – Christian Eedes, Winemag.co.za, 90/100

'This is our Pinotage – a 52 year old bushvine vineyard, grown on Langkloof Farm using organic practices by Scholtz Rossouw. Made again by Jurgen Gouws, with 80% of the fruit fermented whole bunch under semi-carbonic conditions for 10 days. The other 20% of the fruit was pressed earlier and fermented as a rosé and blended back in after malolactic fermentation. The resultant wine has a juicier mid-palte compared with previous vintages, loads of cherry and raspberry fruit with that characteristic pomegranate tang. We absolutely adore northern Italian reds here at Ex Animo. Pinotage, weirdly enough, when made without massive extraction and from quality fruit, can remind us of a crunchy Dolcetto d’Alba. Enjoy.' – David Clarke, Ex Animo

About Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke:
The Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke label brings together the names of the grape grower, winemaker and producer, respectively. The grapes for this wine come from the Langkloof Farm where organic practices are used by Scholtz Rossouw. Jurgen Gouws is the winemaker and David and Jeannette Clarke of Ex Animo are the producers behind this wine.
More Information
Variety Pinotage
Blend information 100% Pinotage
Rating CE 90
Drink to Drink now
Producer information The Rossouw, Gouws & Clarke label brings together the names of the grape grower, winemaker and producer, respectively. The grapes for this wine come from the Langkloof Farm where organic practices are used by Scholtz Rossouw. Jurgen Gouws is the winemaker and David and Jeannette Clarke of Ex Animo are the producers behind this wine.
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Dry Red

Shipping information

Wine Cellar ships throughout South Africa. See our shipping guidelines below.

FREE SHIPPING:
Available on all orders over R1,500, excluding event tickets. The expected delivery times are the same as 'Standard door-to-door' below.

STANDARD DOOR-TO-DOOR:
Shipping fees are calculated on the delivery ‘street code’ provided during checkout.

  • Cape Town & surrounds: 1 – 2 working days
  • Joburg, Pretoria, PE & Bloemfontein: 3 – 4 working days
  • Durban & regional areas: 4 – 5 working days

COLLECTION (Cape Town only):
Orders are available for free collection at our Cape Town office only. You will be notified as soon as your order is ready for collection.

CELLARING:
Wine Cellar offers professional wine storage at our premises in Cape Town. If you are not an existing cellaring client, please view our rates and set up an account by visiting our cellaring page.

JOHANNESBURG ONR:
For this special overnight road service, orders must be placed before 13h00 SAST. The order will be delivered by the close of business the following working day.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
We use a third party courier for international shipping. Please contact info@winecellar.co.za for the rates and delivery options.

More wines from this producer

We can't find products matching the selection.

AG: Antonio Galloni of Vinous.com  |  AM: Allen Meadows of Burghound.com  |  CE: Christian Eedes of Winemag.co.za  |  DEC: Decanter  |  GS: Greg Sherwood MW  |  JS: James Suckling  |  JR: JancisRobinson.com  |  JD: Jeb Dunnuck  |  NM: Neal Martin of Vinous.com OM: Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show  |  PG: Platter's Guide  |  ST: Stephen Tanzer of Vinous.com  |  TA: Tim Atkin MW  |  VIN: Vinous.com  |  WA: Wine Advocate  |  WE: Wine Enthusiast  |  WM: Winemag.co.za Report  |  WS: Wine Spectator